Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kids of Summer


Say hello to Haylen and Cole. They are grandkids #4 &5 in the line. These are the kids that get to hang with me for a week + after their parents leave. They are my chance for "do overs". When Kate and Dan were small - this age I was too wrapped up in other things. Not work related but extracurricular. I mean really it would have been nice to be a stay at home mom, but, insurance is a high priority. Anyway I was into volunteering at that time and in between that and trying to keep house I didn't get to play too much.
Haylen is like a 4 foot piece of velcro. That kid sticks to me like glue. She's up for anything with barely a complaint. I had the opportunity to sit next to her on her first ever big peoples ride at 6Flags, it was Batman and I can still hear her scream. I was abit afraid that I would lose them at the park since I haven't been around little ones for years. NO problem that kid was next to me the whole day, well that week for that much.
Cole is 9 and with that age comes all the boy stuff. Dead things, blowing things up. Blood and gore it's all cool for Cole at this age. I think he worries too much. Unlike his sis (who lives just for the second) Cole is thinking about the future. He likes old Metal Music won't have much ok anything to do with the Jonas Bros (I'm secretly glad about that). I learned one thing about him. DO NOT let him talk you into playing battle on GH. He knows the cheat codes and it's almost impossible to beat him then, but I did once. It took me several times and when it did happen I did gloat. He had it coming. He a really neat kid and after you answer the million questions and he just starts talking well he's a sweet kid.
They call me the fun Grandma. Cool huh! They have a bunch of them but they call me the fun one. Another Grandma said it's because I don't make them mind the rules. Rules are for later right now all I want to do is play.

No comments: