Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Girls Grown Up


Meet Sara and Evie. They are my Grand Nieces daughters of Gail and Paul. For several summers now I get to have my home girls spend a week or so ( without their parents). We get to swim. play Rockband, and have mini spa days. Sara has her permit now and gets to drive her parents about. It's crazy how fast kids grow up. Our time in the pool has evolved from learning syncronized swimming routines to talk about girls stuff. Funny how carefree kids are all of a sudden hurdled into grownup girl stuff. Boys, mean girls and future plans. Each of the girls battling their own demons with different perspectives. It was a hard time for me, I remember it well and thinking back it's some pretty hard stuff. I was a chubby girl who had crossed eyes. Talk about a double whammy. The crossed eyes were really hard as both boys and girls teased me. But the weight, that crappy weight thing. It's something I continue to fight today. Sara, the oldest is a bit quiet, a deep thinker I believe. She's funny and very smart. She has a trainer, she's lost weight and is feeling fairly confident ( as much as one can at 15ish). Evie, soon to be 13 also lost weight this year. She also developed a big allergy to seafood much to her family's horror, they can no longer eat at seafood places. She's got the eating thing down pretty good. Lucky her, now she only has to deal with the mean girls. Crazy how girls can have so much power. Evie cares too much what others think. Hopefully soon she'll gain the confidence her sis has. I am absolutely crazy for these girls. Time marches on tho, and with that are the changes that come with it. Soon Sara will get her drivers license. BOO HISS because I know what happens after she gets her license......the dreaded job.....and no more time for me.......................................................

2 comments:

Sarah Kunch said...

aww...i can't get a job, i don't want to leave aunt teri!

Sarah Kunch said...

mom says this makes her want to cry!!!