Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Flat on his Face, But still Glows

Frosty seen here pretty much sums up the Holiday season for me. He tipped over in one of our big wind storms on sunday night then got froze in buy rain. The ghost of Christmas past visits me every year. I Love Christmas, everything about it, the music, lights, and the presents. My Family up north Bid Dan's family was huge. My Mom in Law, BIL Butch and my sis Laura own a busy flower shop in Hayward ( Just like us, but bigger). Every year I would prepare for the holidays doing everything from shopping, decorating, baking, wrapping gifts with extra blig (move over Martha). The shop family called me Teri Christmas. Bonnie (MOM in Law) would always be tired and it seemed hard to get her excited about the holidays. Could not figure out why she couldn't get as excited. On Christmas day she would rather stay home for dinner, she was too tired even tho she still in my opinion makes the best turkey in the world. Good segue to Christmas present.
I GET IT, and I am sorry I was such a pain in the hiney. I am tired, always behind, and have given up many of the things I thought of as Christmas essentials. The tree took a week to get up, but it is. I have bought a few gifts but gift cards are looking good and I haven't baked since Janet Musser went into business. I haven't resorted to giving gifts in bags tho. That practice still drives me nuts. But after all It's A Wonderful Life.......and I'm still glowing.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Mum!! I love this photo! Hilarious. I miss you and love you, can't wait to see you-- even if it is just on the computer!

Love you.
xoxo