Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful.......

I know the quality of this picture is, well, less than award winning I am sure you can get the idea. The handrail is not wearing jewelry, that's ice. In Shelbyville we get lots and lots of ice. Last Tuesday I had to scrape1/4 inch off the windshield 4 times in one day, good gosh why oh why can't we just get snow. Today we are to get yet another " weather maker" ( that's what the local weather guys call it). We are to have one of the bigger days in flower delivery land and oh yeah it's gonna be slippery. I missed my walk this morning as my walking partner called and said it was colder today than yesterday, I believed her and hit the snooze button a few times only to check for myself and find out that it is 18 degrees warmer today. LESSON check yourself, because the fact is that some folks just aren't as hardy as we Nortlanders are. Now my dogs are bummed as they will miss another morning. Tonight however I will take them to the "secret garden" for a run. That is after I finish my last bit of shopping, after I work, and did I tell you I have yet another dental appointment. Falalalalalala. There is one good thing about holiday dental trips - my mouth is too sore to nosh on holiday treats. Oh yeah it is a good life.
Yesterday was Dennis and my 15th wedding anniversary, yes we are still together in wedded bliss, we think we'll make it to a 25th (that's for the party). We spent it as we always do, apart.
Dennis, in his truck somewhere west and me at home. My walking buddy asked me did you get anything for a gift, I replied, I don't need any gifts, Dennis shows me he loves me every tine he gets into that big truck and pulls out. It's funny how our wants and needs change as we mature.
What we thought of as necessary no longer is and appreciation for the unseen is seen. Wouldn't it be nice to have that insight in your twenties. Till tomorrow, Teri

1 comment:

Kate said...

mama... is the secret garden actually.... the cemetary?? :) I know the pups love that place. BTW... I think I can really appreciate that love in the 20's you were talking about...

xoxo
k